The Labyrinth Athletic Program
The Labyrinth Program is The
How to join Labyrinth Teams
Every Lower through Upper Elementary student is encouraged to join our athletic program. We give every player the opportunity to improve and gain experience in the world of athletics. We encourage full and consistent participation because that is better for both the individual player and the team. On the other hand, we recognize that there are legitimate reasons for absence so players will not be penalized for missing a game or practice.
- Develop sportsmanship - to respect your own teammates, the other team and the referee
- Improve fitness
- Learn skills
- Have fun playing with friends and classmates
- Learn to work together as a team
- Challenge yourself against worthy competition
- Play hard
- Build school spirit
- Win gracefully and lose gracefully. It is usually more fun to win and we like to win but the young athlete learns different life lessons by experiencing both. In any event, winning is a lower priority than any of the preceding values.
Reminders for parents at games
- Be encouraging. Your presence alone communicates that clearly.
- Let the coach give instructions to the players during the game. When others shout instructions to players during the game, it is confusing.
- Model good sportsmanship for your child and the community.
- Appreciate the other team and the officials. Without their participation, there is no game.
Please read the list of priorities above. These are the values we live with our student-athletes. We ask you to support them.